In this article I will show you real example of the usage of Column Visibility property in SSRS. Column visibility property is used to show or hide the column in the report. Now in this article, we can use this property to allow the users to select columns what they want to see in a report instead of all columns means they can filter the columns in SSRS report.
1. Open Visual Studio and Open SSRS Project. Then open Person Address Details Report or Create Report as described in above article.
2. Now in Report Data window right click on Parameter and select Add Parameter.
3. In Report Parameters Window, Enter name of parameter and check the check-box of Allow multiple values.
4. Now click on Available Values from left pane. Then select Specify Valuesand Add Label & Value as shown in below screenshot. Then click on OK button.
5. Now right click on First Tablix Column i.e. Name and select Column Visibility.
6. A Column Visibility window opens. In that select Show or hide based on an expression and then click on fx button as shown in below screenshot.
7. Enter following Expression in Expression Window.
Then click on OK button. Again click on OK button.
8. Now Repeat 5.6 & 7 steps for all the columns in report. In that you need to change value in above expression which is in Bold letter. After completing this action run your report. Now you can see the filter of columns in your report.
9. Now if you want to see column of Name, City & State then select appropriate values in SelectColumn Parameter and click on View Report button.
Congratulations! We successfully completed lesson of Conditionally Setting Column Visibility in SSRS.
If any query, let me know.